cottonwood research foundation mission statement
1) Development of new technology capable of measuring previously undetectable levels of the compounds: N,N-dimethyltryptamine, 5-methoxy-N,N-dimethyltryptamine, bufotenine, and metabolites, all of which occur widely in the plant and animal kingdom. We will develop this technology at Louisiana State University, and apply it by measuring levels of these compounds in humans in normal and various abnormal states and conditions. The specimens will be gathered at university settings throughout the US and overseas.
2) Perform research into effects, mechanisms of action, and relevance of plant-based psychoactive materials in psychiatric research and treatment. Any and all requisite local, state, and federal regulatory conditions will be closely followed.
Education and Training:
1) Organize and implement symposia and conferences on the chemistry, pharmacology, anthropology, and medical uses of plant-based psychoactive materials throughout history and across cultures. Publish the proceedings.
2) Organize and implement smaller scale conferences and symposia on current research applications of plant-based psychoactives.
3) Collect and organize written, electronic, and other formats of information for reference use. Begin publishing a catalog of resources.
4) Train individuals in the use of plant-based psychoactives for use in clinical research protocols using the faculty organized and media collected from 1), 2), 3) above.
About this entry
You’re currently reading “cottonwood research foundation mission statement,” an entry on rixonology.org
- February 21, 2008 / 8:39 pm