Ron paul 2008
The next presidential election is approaching rapidly, and I’m writing to let you know that I am strongly supporting the candidacy of Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX).
As a sign of my commitment, I have been working to raise money for Ron Paul’s campaign. So far, I personally have donated $___ to Ron Paul. I’m asking my friends to help me by making a similarly sized donation.
I hope that after hearing a little more about Ron Paul’s background and principles, you will want to do the same.
Ron Paul has spent 30 years as a practicing OB/GYN doctor and has delivered over 4,000 babies. He and his wife Carol have been married for over 50 years, with 5 children and 18 grandchildren.
Congressman Paul is known among his congressional colleagues and his constituents for his consistent voting record. Dr. Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies.
For more information on Ron Paul, visit his website at http://www.ronpaul2008.com.
Some highlights of Ron Paul’s record include:
- Ron Paul is in favor of allowing Americans to keep more of their own money by eliminating the IRS.
- Ron Paul is well-known among his colleagues for never having voted for higher taxes or unconstitutional spending.
- Ron Paul is a strong proponent of a secure border and against extending welfare to illegals.
- Ron Paul supports putting doctors and patients back in charge of health care decisions. He is a staunch defender of health freedom and against government-managed medicine.
- Ron Paul adamantly defends our 2nd amendment rights and opposes federal gun regulation.
- Ron Paul is strongly pro-life and in favor of repealing Roe v. Wade.
- Ron Paul does not support a military draft, and strongly opposes going to war with Iran.
- Ron Paul is in favor of capturing Bin Laden and believes that it is critical for the United States to have a strong national defense.
- Ron Paul is for protecting individual rights and opposed to unnecessary violations of our privacy like the “Patriot” Act.
- Ron Paul supports removing troops from Iraq as soon as possible and allowing Iraqis to take responsibility for their own protection.
- Ron Paul believes that it is important to maintaining our national sovereignty by opposing trade organizations like NAFTA, the UN, and the WTO.
- Ron Paul wants to stop corporate and banking interests from controlling the U.S. economy. He supports eliminating out-of-control inflation by getting rid of the Federal Reserve.
Help me fulfill my pledge by also making a donation of $___.